About Best Friends Super Adoptions
Organized by Best Friends, a Super Adoption is a huge event — a coming together of dozens of shelters and rescue groups in a fun, festival-like atmosphere to find homes for hundreds of animals during a single weekend. The participating shelters and rescue groups are partners of Best Friends through our No More Homeless Pets Network. Held once a year, during the winter, Best Friends Super Adoptions are a great way to meet hundreds of adoptable animals in one place.
Holiday Pet Super Adoption 2019:
When: Saturday, December 14, 10a.m - 7p.m.; Sunday, December 15, 10a.m. - 5p.m
Where: Meadowlands Exposition Center, 355 Plaza Dr, Secaucus New Jersey. Admission is FREE!
What should I expect?
Expect to have a lot of fun, and to meet a huge number of adorable, adoptable animals. Each participating rescue group or shelter at the event has its own adoption application, interview process and adoption fee structure. Adoption fees help cover costs such as spay/neuter, vaccinations, and other medical needs.
Please note that all participating shelters and many of the participating rescue groups offer same-day adoptions, but some groups require home checks as part of the application process.
Potential adopters should come with:
- All family members (human and canine) who will be living with the pet.
- A valid form of identification.
- Payment in the form of cash or cards.
- For renters, please bring a copy of your lease or letter from your landlord stating that you are allowed to have a pet. Groups may want to contact your landlords directly before completing an adoption.
- Veterinary references—some groups may require references or call to the veterinary clinic of choice.
- More requirements may be needed depending on the rescue group or shelter you select to adopt from.
Participating Rescue Groups